BAIA, Business Association Italy America, has organized a Panel has organized a Panel on “Business Models and Applications of Wireless Sensor Networks” on 10/08/2008. The event, sponsored by Pirelli Tyre, Telecom Italia and C’ Era una Volta, has taken place at the University of California at Berkeley with more than one hundred attendees from the academia and the industry. The Panel has been kindly introduced by Consul General of Italy in San Francisco Dott. Fabrizio Marcelli.
The distinguished panelists have been:
- Prof. David Culler, UC Berkeley, CTO and Co-Founder of Arch Rock
- Mike Horton, CEO and Co-Founder of Crossbow
- Prof. Raju Pandey, UC Davis, CTO and Co-Founder of Synapsense
- Prof. Kris Pister, UC Berkeley, CTO and Co-Founder of Dust Networks
- Dr. Joe Polastre, CTO and Co-Founder of Sentilla
The panel has been moderated by Prof. Alberto Sangiovanni-Vincentelli, Professor at UC Berkeley, Co-Founder of Cadence Design Systems and Honorary Chairman of BAIA. The Panelists have discussed possible business models for WSNs and have answered the questions of the audience on the market perspectives for the technology and on the obstacles still to be overcome.