The S&A series of conferences provides an excellent opportunity to bring together scientists and engineers from academia, research institutes and industrial establishments to present and discuss the latest results in the field of sensors, instrumentation and measurement.
The seventeenth in the series of conferences on Sensors & their Applications (S&A XVII), Organised by the IOP Instrument Science and Technology Group, will be hosted outside of the UK and Ireland for the first time in Dubrovnik, Croatia in September 2013. This popular event follows previous conferences in the series that began in Manchester in 1983 and included the first of the highly successful Eurosensors conference at Cambridge in 1987 and at Southampton in 1998.
• Optical sensors
• Chemical and gas sensors
• Sensors in biology and medicine
• Advances in sensing materials
• Nanotechnology for sensors and actuators
• Smart sensors and interface electronics
• MEMS and silicon fabrication techniques
• Imaging; Integrated actuators
• Thick and thin film sensors
• Sensor modelling
• Sensor packaging and assemblies
• Environmental sensing
• Robotic and remote sensing
• Domestic electronics and smart homes
• Crime prevention
• Automotive and aerospace
• Leisure industry and toys
• Food and agriculture
• Energy and Power
• Humanitarian demining
• Sensor networks and pervasive sensing
More info here.